Princess Time Toys Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Win this act2 GreenSmart 17" Laptop Bag - It's Stylish and Durable!


I received a act2 GreenSmart Laptop Jacket as a gift. The only stipulation was that I write an honest review. No problem, because I honestly love this jacket! (Please note: many o f the photos are of a smaller black bag - we'll replace them as soon as our camera returns from a trip to France - yes, without us)



I'll admit, when I first saw it I didn't love the color. I picked the color, so I really shouldn't complain, but it was the only color choice available for a bag that fit my 17" widescreen laptop. The color, Toasted Almond, is a sedate brown with just a bit of sheen to it. I prefer more vibrant colors, but I quickly noticed the sturdy and decorative zipper pull's fabulous lime green color which hinted to the surprise inside and realized I loved the color after all. The more traditional medium brown gives way to an explosion of fresh lime with tiny recycling symbols. It's stunning!



The bag fit my 17" HP laptop beautifully by the use of four small elastic straps on each corner. I did find it just a bit annoying that the straps covered about 1/4" of my screen on each side, but think I would be able to get used to it.



My laptop worked seamlessly with it on, opening and closing unimpeded. The only issue I had was that my laptop vents where there's solid material, and since built-up heat is a laptop killer, I wasn't able to keep it on while working. I simply pulled the top two loops off and flipped the case back over on itself, thereby having two layers of the slightly padded case between me and my notebook.




The handle was found in one of the three outside pockets. It's adjustable and has a slip-proof slider. I'm 5'10" and found that fully extended, I could wear it across my body, which is the way I prefer to carry my laptop. If feels more secure and distributes the weight better. The handle clips on each side with sturdy clips - they're very secure and almost difficult to get off. The O-rings are well done and extremely sturdy. I have no doubt that they will not rip out or fall apart.



There are three outside pockets. One in zippered, the other two are scooped-out reach-in pockets, perfect for a cell phone, cords, or other objects you need to grab quickly. The main case has a double zipper which is convenient and well made. There are no pockets inside the main case which is fortunate as it won't impede getting your notebook in and out quickly.



The case has just enough padding to feel protected without being bulky. It's extremely light, under a pound, so it won't add to your carrying load. But, it's incredibly well made so it doesn't look or feel flimsy.



It's earned it's "green" label because it's made from recycled bottles and since you all have read about our soda addiction, you probably know we've committed our share of bottles to a landfill. This is one way to use those bottles (although we've gotten off the bottle here at Princess Time Toys) for something good.



The zippered port in the back makes it easy to access your computer's outlet and connections if it's not wireless. For me they weren't in the right place. My computer plugs in on the side and vents in the back. This is better suited for one that vents on the side.



I did check out the waterproofing capability by accidentally spilling a Diet Coke on it. It came off easily, did not seep into the material, and didn't stain. A huge plus!



DETAILS
  • Outer and inner fabric 100% post consumer PET water and soda bottles
  • Uses 11 to 17, 16 oz. bottles and saves 7,500 to 11,500 Btus, labeled on each product
  • Padding made from 100% post industrial material

I wholeheartedly recommend purchasing this bag because it's a well-made bag, and the price is $39.99 - that's a fabulous price for a bag that's good for you and the environment!

I love this case but I'm giving it up to one of my readers. One, because I work for home and don't need to transport my computer very often, and two, because it's so cool someone else should get to enjoy it every day. All you have to do to win this bag is link your blog or website to this review. The winner will be randomly drawn from all completed entries. Want an extra chance? Twitter the contest!



Enjoy!



Connie, The Queen of Princess Time Toys



*We received this bag to review it honestly


**Photos (C) act2 GreenSmart - we'll be adding our own later.


Use Mr. Linky to post a link to your webpage or Twitter account so I can verify your entry. Contest ends 8pm Pacific Time, SEPT 5th


Official Rules



  • Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All entrants must be 18 years of age or older.


  • Odds of winning depend on the eligible number of entries received for each drawing. Enter as often as you like but each entry must be unique.


  • Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.


  • Prize winners will be notified by their registered e-mail. Winners must respond within a timely manner (3 days) with their valid shipping address, or the prize is forfeit and a new winner will be selected.


  • By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Princess Time Toys may post his/her name on the "Previous Winners" page and in any and all media, including future advertising or publicity, without further consideration or compensation, unless prohibited by law.


  • By accepting a prize, all winners agree that Princess Time Toys, affiliated merchants, and all of the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of the Princess Time Toys, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind, to winner or other persons, including (without limitation) injuries, loss or damages arising out of or relating to death, and, injuries, damages or losses to property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in this promotion.

11 comments:

Jeff T said...

nice bag and contest! tweeted the contest as well. the end date for the contest is showing Aug 5th, but you just tweeted this contest today.

Princess Time Toys said...

Jeff - thanks for the note about the wrong date. Sorry about that! The date has been corrected to SEPTEMBER 5th. :)

Connie

Theresa Merkling said...

Looks like a great bag.. I could use that!

SuperAngel said...

Nice contest! I sure hope I win.

I blogged about it and signed the Mr. Linky, and I also Twittered it: Super_Angel is my twitter username.

Thanks for a great giveaway!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

jen wallace said...

very nice I think it would work quite nicely with my laptop!
Love it!

GeekMommy said...

Oh now see... Now I have to cross my fingers for YOUR contest!!!

I totally wanted one of these bags!!

I'll be posting/tweeting about it tomorrow. Maybe we'll defy the odds and win each other's contests!

Deanna W said...

Looks like a wonderful bag!! I could use this for my laptop that I will soon be purchasing.

Ginny said...

I blogged & signed mr linky, cool laptop bag!

supergirlsavannah said...

This bag looks real nice! I hope I win!

supergirlsavannah said...

I would LOVE to win this for my laptop! Hope I win!

Deanna W said...

Looks great!! I would love the green one. After all that is the color for Two Sisters Gourmet Foods.

PRINCESS TIME TOYS

Our business blog has moved! Visit our blog at Princess Time Toys Blog where we share sale, discount, free shipping offers, and more! You can also shop our online store for all things princess! Dress-up, Halloween costumes, toys, accessories, and more.



PERSONAL BLOG



MiscFinds4u is the work of a middle-aged mom with grown children, who enjoys cooking, baking, home DIY remodeling, gardening, and blogging. Specializing in Once a Month (OAMC) and bulk freezer cooking for two for meat eaters and vegetarians. Specializing in product and online shopping reviews as well as contests and giveaways. We work with Disney, Warner Bros, and other companies to bring you fun prizes.